Made of brass and plated in luxurious BLACK CHROME, the C1k will fit most steel string guitars, acoustic or electric.
For years our most commonly requested combination of features has been “can I get the Shubb capo in black with the roller?” Well, now you can.
Machined of brass and plated in black chrome, this stunningly beautiful capo will be the choice of anyone who prefers an elegant and inconspicuous look onstage or off. Perfect for instruments with black hardware or any dark finished instrument, and a must have for anyone who likes the stealth look!
Capo Noir now includes the design features previously available only on our stainless steel models!
• Roller design – smoother action, superior geometry, reduced wear
• Rounded edges – softer to the touch
• Contoured lever – easier to use
Our model 1 capos — “for Steel String Guitar” — fit almost all steel string guitars, acoustic or electric. The model 1 capo is available in these various styles:
Unless your steel string has an unusually shaped or oversized neck, any of the model 1 capos listed above is for you. Some exceptions:
• If your 6-string, steel string guitar’s neck is wider than most, it might require our model 3. (12-string) capo.
• If your steel string guitar’s neck is thicker than most, it might require our model S3v, specially designed for the thick necks on some vintage guitars.
• If your vintage Fender has the more extreme radius of 7.25″, then it should use our model 4.
If you discover that you have gotten the wrong model, we’ll swap with you for the right one. We provide an exchange form for convenience, but it is not required.
Almost all steel string guitars have a radiused fretboard. There may be an occasional steel string with a flat fretboard, but they are rare; perhaps on custom built instruments. For these rare instruments, our model 2 (“for Nylon String guitar”) is the right choice.
While the radii on steel string guitar fretboards are not all identical, they are well within the Shubb Capo’s range for a good fit. This is because its proprietary sleeve material is engineered to be ultra resilient; it conforms to the fretboard’s shape, while cushioning and pushing back on the strings … just like your finger does!